Today I was interested in finding and eating a chicken. I found a special offer for two of them in a shop, ate half of one and refrigerated the remaining 3/4 till later. I hope to eek out the chicken till Tuesday.
Here's the recipe:
- Shred half a chicken and place to one side.
- Boil some water in the lower half of a steamer, and add cheap wholemeal spagetti to it.
- Place some frozen brocolli in the top half of the steamer, and pour some kettle boiled water over the top. This tops up the level in the pan below (less likely to burn) and takes the frost off the brocolli above
- Add the chicken to the top pan
- Keep on the heat for 15 minutes or so, or as long as it takes the spagetti to cook
- Empty the top half of the steamer onto a plate and place the now empty vessel over a measuring jug
- Pour the bottom half into the steamer. The Spag will be caught and the slightly green (from broc) water goes in the jug
- Use this 'vitamin enhanced' water to make up the gravy.... using granules in a cup.
- Put the spag onto the chicken and broc. Add the gravy.
- Eat in the garden. Another job done.